concept art for visual effects in film
Este proyecto recibió 4 ofertas de freelancers talentosos con una oferta promedio de $43 CAD / hour.Obtén cotizaciones gratis para un proyecto como este
Presupuesto de Proyecto$25 - $50 CAD / hour
Descripción del Proyecto
Celebrating over 25 years in the industry, Scanline VFX specializes in creating complex visual effects for high end, block buster feature films with studios worldwide: Vancouver, Los Angeles, Munich, and Stuttgart. Founded in Germany, the company expanded to Los Angeles in 2007 and opened the largest studio in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia in 2011. In 2015 it won the Emmy for Outstanding Visual Effects for their work on Game of Thrones. Scanline VFX has received multiple Academy Award Nominations for Best Achievement in Visual Effects: 2014 for Iron Man 3 and in 2010 for its work on director Clint Eastwoods Hereafter. We are also well known for our proprietary, in-house fluid effects software Flowline, for which it received a 2008 Scientific and Technical Achievement Academy Award.
Today, it is one of the biggest names in the industry and the go-to studio for creating epic, breathtaking cinematic moments. Current productions include: Justice League Part One, Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2, Power Rangers, Knights of the Roundtable: King Arthur, The Promise, and several other projects to be announced soon.
CONCEPT ARTIST – CONTRACT
The Concept Artist visualizes environments, characters, vehicles, colour schemes, and the overall mood and feel of the project. Taking direction from the creative executive team, the concept artist works within a set style guide. Partnering with pre-vis and pre-production stakeholders the concept artist has the ability to both work out quick sketches, source images, and provide more polished illustrations to inspire the client and the team.
• Traditional illustration skills in a variety of media as well as excellent drawing skills, and/or paint skills.
• Demonstrated ability to draw in perspective: environments, characters, landscapes, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to think in 3D: great use of light and shadow.
• Concept development throughout pre-production including original & re-worked concept designs.
• Ability to interpret and create a strong mood
• Translate ideas to visuals through traditional drawing tools, painting tools.
• Adaptable to various styles eg. Style set by art director, client, & executive team.
• Contribute ideas and suggestions to create clarity to sometimes abstract or high level requests.
• Create quick sketches to inspire the team, present to clients.
• Develop sketches to render out more details as need.
• Quickly and effectively re-work and refine visuals as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Fine Arts, Visual Arts, Product Design, Interior Design preferred and/or equivalent experience
• 5+ years’ experience as a concept artist in creative digital industry (games, film, vfx)
• Strong Photoshop (required)
• Knowledge of other 3D art software packages a plus. (or any other art software packages)
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision; strong trouble shooting/problem solving ability
• Open and flexible to feedback and shifting requirements.
Explorar habilidades relacionadas
Otras cosas que la gente hace en Freelancer
Artículos más recientes
Buscando hacer algo de dinero?
- Establece tu presupuesto y período de tiempo
- Describe tu propuesta
- Consigue pago por tu trabajo
Contrata Freelancers que también oferten en este proyecto
Trabaja en proyectos como este y haz dinero desde casa!Inscríbete Ahora
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online