I need a web site which will allow users to upload images, edit them (somewhat) and then print them on various media with various options. The detailed specifications will be provided in a private message to qualified bidders. This will need to be custom software so that we can have a wide range of product options and also image editing options (like crop and color enhance and overlay and add text).
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Monday May 14, 2007 8:32:53 AM:
The current plan is to develop more detailed specs while we build and release the initial, basic system. That initial release will be:
Basic ecommerce package which allows users to upload images, select printing options, such as:
1. Media (paper, T-shirt, coffee mug, etc.)
2. Options (glossy/matte, paper size, T-shirt color etc.)
and then purchase their prints online, submitting their credit card information for automatic processing. All standard ecommerce features are expected to be available, such as:
1. Create user account with login and stored details (including unlimited phone numbers, emails and physical addresses)
2. Store uploaded images
3. Add items to shopping cart
4. Leave shopping cart 'full' for processing during a later browser session
5. Admin center to allow site owners to:
A. create/maintain product list and an option list for each product
B. view/edit orders
C. view/edit all user records
and any other standard, basic features I have left out.
The code and architecture will be built (insofar as possible) with consideration for all future features, some of which are:
1. A complex image editing module, allowing users to edit and store various versions of images
2. Store images in galleries
3. Allow customers to maintain lists of contacts (each with physical addresses etc.) for purchasing gifts
The system must be in PHP/MySQL.
The first questions are thus:
1. What is the time frame and cost for the initial release?
2. What sort of framework will the code be in? Using a templating system for the presentation layer is a given, but beyond that, do you use any sort of framework, such as MVC? I will give you a hint: I am a big fan of structured code, and MVC in particular. :)