We want a way for our visitors our image blog website we operate to be able to click a link and download all the full size images in a particular gallery.
All big images urls are stored in our site's database at the time the gallery is published on our site. However most image host dont actually show the big image right away when a visitor arrives to the page so the script needs to search source code and extract the actual big image url first and then download it to the server.
This is how the setup is now:
1) User loads a gallery page with thumbnails on it.
2) Each thumbnail is a link to a shorten URL service that we operate
3) Each shorten URL is leading to a 3rd party host's big image of that thumbnail.
This are how we imagine it could work:
1) User loads a gallery page with thumbnails on it on our site where a DOWNLOAD ZIP link is located.
2) If user click the DOWNLOAD ZIP link they are redirected to a page on another domain/server and script checks if the host of the big image of the thumbnail is supported by connecting to the database and checking the links in the database which is located on the previous server (where the image blog website is located)
a) if yes the image hos is supported, then go to 3)
b) if no, dont show the download link instead show a message saying "Sorry, the %%imagehostname%% is currently not supported"
If the user click the Download Gallery link and Captcha then the following should happen:
3) Now the script checks if a previous user already downloaded the ZIP file with the gallery's big images
a) if not exists, then go to 4)
b) if yes it exists, then go to 7)
4) Now the script goes to each of the big image's urls and download the big images to the servers tmp dir. Everything else on the destination pages is ignored.
5) Now the script put all those big images into a ZIP file and store it on the servers harddrive. All the big images in the tmp dir are deleted.
6) Now the script adds some info for that gallery in to the database to indicate that a ZIP file exists and the filename and path for the ZIP file. Also Created Date, Last Access Date and Times Downloaded
7) Now the script tells the user that his ZIP file will be ready for download in 5 seconds and after that shows a clickable download link.
8) When a visitor clicks the Download Link they arrive to the last page where the actual ZIP file download link is visible.
9) After the download has started the scripts adds +1 to the database field that keeps count of downloads for each gallery.
Error catching, if the download is unsuccessful (host do page changes, IP blocked, host is down etc.) then send an email to admin for investigation and show the user an "Sorry, please try again later..." message
Sometimes not all the big images in a gallery can't be downloaded. If so script should SKIP and download those that can be downloaded.
Proxy support with user/pw to be able to switch IP easily if IP is blocked.
We will provide a list of a few image hosts we want to start adding.
The website is custombuilt, no cms, no wordpress, no admin areas etc. The server the website is located on don't have any cpanel or similair. FTP access and MySQL access will be provided.
Please only bid if you speak english and have done similair work in the past.
Please only bid if you can finish the work within reasonable time.