We are doing a site migration from joomla to wordpress, our site is a service company and has some specific needs for this project. Both sites are web-accessible, the content has already been imported from Joomla but there are various issues, the details of which are outlined here:
1. Do the whole site restructuring and get the hierarchy just right (on the pages tab in the dashboard you have to "quick edit" each page to set the "parent page"). We will give you the hierarchy, it's very simple and straight-forward.
2. Make all the 301 redirects: after making the parent child hierarchy on the pages, you need to put our main landing pages under services and then the other pages we have under the main landing pages. Then open each page and check if everything is showing up.
3. Then check which page on the joomla site corresponds to the new wordpress site. The content on our new wordpress site has to exactly match the same content on the old joomla site. Then make that a 301 redirect using the redirect plugin for wordpress (already installed). The relative urls for the redirection plugin, as an example, should be: Source URL: /[url removed, login to view] Target URL: services/phone-repair-services The redirects are relative to the wordpress install, so redirects you make will still work once we transfer the site, and if you make an entry in redirect, it will then modify .htaccess automatically.
4. Our migrated content (images) and our site navbar and other elements do not have a relative path from the root of the site. They have full path urls. We need everything to be a relative url based on the site`s root. This is especially important since the root is going to change once we launch the site. So we need to check the pages for issues regarding the relative/full paths. (The images are using a url that doesn't start with a slash, you need to have a slash at the beginning since that tells the browser the path is relative to the root of the site)
5. Navbar: make the items in the menu come from pages, not custom items with full paths
6. Make a backup of everything - both our old and new sites (not only filesystem but also database) just in case something goes wrong.
7. Run a search and replace on our whole wordpress database to make sure paths are the way they should be. After that upload to the main directory, first the files, then the database.
8. Test and validate everything. Once everything is set, run the seo plugin to generate code for google anaytics, sitemap.
You will need to put 2-3 people on this full time and complete within 3-4 days! All work must be 100% perfect and accurate! Place your $150-$200 bid.
More work will be rewarded upon successful completion of this project.
1 freelancer está ofertando el promedio de $300 para este trabajo
Hello, We are very interested to work in your project as we have extensive experience in the relevant field. So please see more details in the PM. Thanks