Learn the step-by-step process of how to run a Photo Editing contest and find the best photo editor for your project from talents all around the world.
Great! You’ve set up your account on Freelancer and are ready to post your first project to attract global talents. But, it is important that you optimize your project/contest in such a way that you appear trustable and legit. Freelancer provides you with tonnes of options to do that.
In this blog, we will describe how to run your first Photo Editing contest to find the best freelance photo editor. But, before we do that, let us take a look at the various ways in which you can prepare.
How to prepare to run a contest on Freelancer?
Before running a contest, make sure you prepare in the following ways so that you can make well-informed decisions.
1. Establish a Goal
Your first job in preparing for running a contest is to establish a goal. Not the ones the freelancers are going to try and achieve. We are talking about what you would like to achieve by running this contest. Let’s give you a few examples:
This is a one-time project where you want to just complete your work.
This is a search for a recurring role through a contest.
You want to expand your search for talented individuals.
These goals will help you in ascertaining the further requirements of the project.
2. Define a Budget
Many choose the Freelancer platform to gain access to global talents at affordable prices. Hence, before posting a contest, set the maximum budget that you’ll be able to afford. And when you post a contest, quote the optimal prize for the work that needs to be done. Slightly lesser than that of your maximum budget. So that when participants ask for a higher prize amount, you will be able to do so without incurring any losses or delays in the decision.
3. Set a Deadline
If you hold a contest to capture local wildlife within a day, you might not get many entries. So, be conscious of how much time a contest like yours would take to complete. Discuss with your colleagues and arrive at a reasonable deadline for your contest.
These are a few things that you must prepare for before posting a contest. Now, let’s move on to the next session where we will take a look at the step-by-step procedure to post a photo editing contest on Freelancer.com.
Steps to Post a Photo Editing Contest on Freelancer.com
For the purpose of this article, we will detail the steps of how you can post a contest for finding photo editors for Amazon product pages.
1. Click on ‘Post a Project’ on the menu bar.
After you click on this, you’ll be navigated to a page where you can enter further details of your contest.
2. Enter the Title you wish to give to your contest. Choose a title that is short yet descriptive and explains what you want the freelancers to get done. The next step is to enter a Description that details the project.
We will give you an example of what you can write for a contest titled “Edit Photos for Amazon Product Page”.
“Grab a chance to win the prize amount of $50 by editing our photos for Amazon Product pages.
We run a service where different businesses approach us for editing images so that it is compliant with the Amazon product photo rules. For the contest, we need you to edit the attached image according to the following guidelines:
The background of the image must be removed and changed to a white background (RGB color values: 255, 255, 255)
Crop the image such that the product fills 85% of the image area.
Ensure that the DPI resolution is higher than 72 after editing.
Make necessary color corrections such that the text and the color dynamics of the product feel natural.
Either the height or depth of the image must be higher than 1000 pixels.
The file must be submitted in JPEG(.jpg) file format.
The edges of the product must not be jagged due to improper cropping.
The selection of the winner will be solely based on your ability to correct the attached image according to the guidelines given.”
You can also copy-paste the sample description and edit it to suit your contest needs.
3. As you can see in the above image, we have also added a sample file. By clicking on the Upload Files option you can select the sample image you want to add as a reference. If you refer to the image below, we have added another image that the contestants will edit and compete against the others.
4. When you click on the Next button, there’ll be a question tab labeled What skills are required?. These skills will let you reach relevant freelancers
from all over the world. You can add the relevant skills needed for your Photo Editing contest. (P.S. Freelancer.com will also help you by giving a few suggestions based on the description that you’ve written.)
5. Click on Next. A new option will appear below the Skills section labeled How would you like to get it done?. This is the place where you select whether you want to post a contest or a project. We are going to select Start a contest here so that you can see the ability of the photo editor before hiring them for future recurring works.
6. Clicking on Start a contest will navigate you to a new page where you can enter the budget of your contest under What is your budget? section. Here, you can choose between different currencies easily.
7. When you click on Next, you’ll see two options. You can either pay a $35 fee for getting faster responses from freelancers and for marking them as ‘Urgent’. However, if you want to let the freelancers be more creative, select the ‘3 to 30 days’ option which is free for all users. For our contest, we are going to be selecting the first option so that the creatives can spend more time editing the image to perfection.
8. Clicking on Next will prompt you to select some upgrades for your contest. You can attract more freelancers if you select the Featured option. With a Guaranteed contest, you cannot avail of the money-back option. However, freelancers are more likely to trust a contest holder who makes the project Guaranteed.
9. By clicking on Next, you can now review your contest. It will display an image similar to the one below. Here, you can check whether all the details are entered accurately and click on the Get entries now to start receiving entries from global talents.
10. Ensure that your email notifications are turned on to get updates about the entries on your project. Timely replies and reviews from the contest holder will encourage more freelancers to participate in the contest.
The above article only covers how you can post a contest. You can get further information about how to perform a Project Handover, rank entries, and such through the Freelancer Community or through the Freelancer Support
pages. Selecting the right freelancer may be daunting at times. But, you should always remember that you can select one winner and buy other entries that you are interested in for a prize mentioned by the participant. Thus, you can successfully run a photo editing contest that gets your work done and also finds you a freelancer who can work on your future projects!